Results are important but so is having a good time. That’s why most people get into the great sport of horse racing—for enjoyment.
Racehorse Owners with Heart of the South enjoy our popular Owner Events which we hold throughout the year. Family and friends are also welcome to join us and experience an insight into the world of racing.
As well as hospitality racedays, summer BBQ’s and Christmas visits, we strive go that little bit extra and previous events include:
- 3 days in Dublin taking in Darley’s beautiful Kildangan Stud and the Punchestown Festival
- A fascinating behind-the-scenes tour of Weatherbys Racing Administration Centre
- A day picking out the stars of the future at the Tattersalls Millions Sales.
- An ‘evening with the handicapper’ was held in 2012 which was the first of its kind, and again in 2016 by popular demand.
- Our most successful Summer BBQ in 2017
- A tour of the Sussex Equine Hospital
- A morning at the stunning Palace House in Newmarket where we saw an ROR demonstration from our ex-racer Royal Battalion!
- 140 Owners in the Solario Suite at Sandown Park in 2018!
For 2019 we will be visiting the spectacular Cheveley Park Stud before enjoying a tour of the Jockey Club Rooms and an evening’s racing at the Rowley Mile Racecourse in May. We will also be holding an annual event later on this year – further details to follow shortly!