Enjoy many Owner benefits with Heart of the South Racing
- A registered owner with Weatherbys – Each syndicate consists of between 5 and 20 owners – meaning you are actually a registered syndicate Owner not just part of a club.
- Watch your horse’s progress – Visit your horse at the stables and liaise with your trainer whenever you wish, or wait for our organised visits – we are here to suit your needs.
- Excellent and friendly customer service – A member of staff is in the office 6 days a week, meaning we can provide instant & up-to-date information on your horse by newsletters, emails, text messages & our unique 24hr Owner information line which is updated daily. Why not give it a try? 01825 891924 (this is NOT a premium rate call.)
- Fancy a flutter – Owner sensitive information every time we have a runner, accessed through the Owner Information Line via a passcode.
- Full Owner privileges at the races – Complimentary Owners & Trainers badges every time your horse runs, giving you an ‘access all areas’ day at the races, including the Owners & Trainers area, Parade Ring and, with a bit of luck, the Winners Enclosure!
- Bring the family racing – Discounted badges for your friends and family
- Complimentary owner events – Organised hospitality days and owner events to the likes of Darley Stud, Tattersalls Sales, Sussex Equine Hospital and overseas racing for your extra enjoyment into the world of racing.
- Retirement promise – should your horse’s racing days come to an end, Heart of the South will always ensure the most suitable home is found.
Know where you stand
- Fully transparent costs – Each quarter a statement of accounts is provided so owners can see all the income and expenditure of the syndicate.
- All prize money goes to the syndicate – Each horse has it’s own bank account with Weatherbys and all prize money is paid directly into the account after it is received. Syndicates managers will not take a percentage.
- Annual return of surplus – At the end of each season owners will receive a full accounts summary and enjoy a return of any account surplus.
- Early return of surplus – When large sums of prize money is won during the season, early surplus payments will be made to owners.
- No hidden charges – if something unexpected happens during the agreement (like a large vets bill for example) and the bank account needs more money this is covered by Heart of the South Racing. You will not be asked to pay anymore than your monthly contribution.
- Maximising your days at the races – Our trainers aim to run your horse mainly in the Southern half of England, giving you the maximum opportunity to see your horse run.
- Enjoying a good horse – Our emphasis is on winning and having fun, and if we have a good horse we keep him or her. You can be assured that if you own a good horse, it will not be sold early unless ALL owners agree.
- Welcome pack – On joining a syndicate, owners will receive a welcome pack including a Heart of the South metal owners badge, a photograph of the horse and a personalised share certificate with pedigree
- Peace of mind at all times – All our syndicates are run within the BHA (British Horseracing Authority) guidelines & rules and their new code of conduct. We are founder members of the RSA for that extra bit of reassurance.
Heart of the South Racing is a member of the Racing Syndicates Association (RSA), which was set up to ensure better and consistent standards for syndicate owners.
Members of the RSA, which is supported by the British Horseracing Authority, the Racehorse Owners’ Association and the National Trainers’ Federation, are committed to providing fair terms and conditions for syndicates and their owners.