Results are important but so is having a good time. That’s why most people get into the great sport of horse racing—for enjoyment.
Racehorse Owners with Heart of the South enjoy our popular Owner Events which we hold throughout the year. Family and friends are also welcome to join us and experience an insight into the world of racing.
As well as hospitality racedays, summer BBQ’s and Christmas visits, we strive go that little bit extra and previous events include:
- 3 days in Dublin taking in Darley’s beautiful Kildangan Stud and the Punchestown Festival
- A fascinating behind-the-scenes tour of Weatherbys Racing Administration Centre
- A day picking out the stars of the future at the Tattersalls Millions Sales
- An ‘evening with the handicapper’ was held in 2012 which was the first of its kind, and again in 2016 by popular demand
- A tour of the newly built Sussex Equine Hospital
- A morning at the stunning Palace House in Newmarket where we saw an ROR demonstrations, including one from our ex-racer Royal Battalion!
- A spectacular visit to the beautiful Chevley Park Stud (1 of only 6 tours per year!) before enjoying lunch and a historic overview of the Jockey Club Rooms
- A morning in Lambourn including a tour of Oliver Sherwood’s yard and a delicious breakfast in the Pheasant Inn
For 2020 we will be holding two fantastic events including:
** An overseas trip to Deauville from 30th June – 2nd July! Owners plus a guest will enjoy a 2-night stay in a 5-star hotel, tuck into a delicious meal on the night of arrival before going to the Arqana Summer Sales!
** 2020 will also be Heart of the South Racing’s 25th Birthday and will see the return of our Summer BBQ at Beggars Barn. We really hope lots of you are able to join us in celebrating such an event on Saturday 22nd August!
Please contact us to book your places!