Saturday 28th March
We really hope everyone is keeping safe and well during these unprecedented times!
Our National Hunt horses all look likely to soon enjoy a winters holiday whilst our flat horses continuing with their conditioning work for the time being. Our 2-year olds are both enjoying a 4 week break at grass.
We would like to thank our Owners for their patience and understanding during this time.
Wednesday 18th March
As of yesterday the BHA made the decision to suspend all racing in Britain up until the end of April. They will continue to review this decision.
It is understandably a worrying time but the BHA are rightly so putting the staff and public safety first. Stable visits to our trainers yards have been restricted for the time being, however frequent updates and videos on the horses will still follow.
If you have any queries at all then please do not hesitate to contact us. In the meantime we hope you all remain well and safe. EA and SB
Monday 16th March
Today the BHA have made the decision for racing to be staged behind closed doors moving forward. This is a very tricky situation for the whole industry including owners, but all we can do in these worrying times is work together to keep everyone safe and the racing industry going.
Once the BHA confirm the exact procedures we will inform owners, but at the time of writing it looks very unlikely owners will be able to attend the races until early April at least. Furthermore two of our trainers – Marco Botti based in Newmarket and Oliver Sherwood in Lambourn – have requested group stable visits are postponed until further notice. Please note full updates and progress videos will continue from HOTSR as normal.
Thank you to everyone for their patience. EA.
Friday 13th March
Waikiki Waves looks likely to be our next runner as he holds an entry at Plumpton on 18th March.
We look to be busy in terms of stable visits as we have many planned ones coming up for our flat string. Our 3 with David Menuisier certainly looked well on the gallops this morning and Poetic Lilly and Dragons Voice are almost ready to step up into fast work. SB
Tuesday 10th March
WINNER! Ruby Yeats makes it back-to-back wins over hurdles at Plumpton yesterday afternoon! She was given another fine ride from Josh Moore who tracked the leaders as Ruby Yeats travelled sweetly underneath him, jumping brilliantly and sticking on well up the hill.
We are delighted for her connections and for the mare whose confidence is clearly sky high at the moment! Also a huge thank you to trainer Gary Moore who really is the master at his local tracks! SB
Monday 9th March
Ruby Yeats races at Plumpton today in the 3.45pm mares hurdle race under Josh Moore. Good luck to her Owners!
Lady De Vega ran an encouraging race at Chelmsford on Saturday evening to finish 4th. She stayed on nicely in the home straight but just lacked that extra gear to quicken up with her rivals and it is likely that she will want further this season. She looks set to have another spin on the all weather before racing on the grass. SB
Friday 6th March
It was not quite the result we were hoping for at Wincanton yesterday with both boys pulled up – however pleased to report they are both fine!
Waikiki Waves ran his heart out, trying ever so hard and hopefully the handicapper will give him a chance soon. Cilaos Glace perhaps would benefit from a change in tactics next time out as he was extremely relaxed during his race. Hopefully next time the boys can return to old form. SB
Thursday 5th March
With Fontwell Park called off Cilaos Glace and Waikiki Waves have been declared for Wincanton today. Good luck to connections!
Lady De Vega will reunite with PJ McDonald at Chelmsford on Saturday evening as she steps up in trip to 1m.
Ruby Yeats holds an entry at Plumpton on Monday. SB
Tuesday 3rd March
We certainly look to be in for a busy week…let’s hope it is a successful one too!
Cilaos Glace & Waikiki Waves have been declared for Fontwell Park tomorrow afternoon, however this is subject to them passing their inspection on Tuesday. If the meeting is abandoned then they are likely to be aimed for Wincanton on Thursday.
Lady De Vega has been entered at Chelmsford on Saturday evening whilst Ruby Yeats is in search of the better ground at Warwick on Sunday. SB
Monday 2nd March
Happy March! Let’s hope a new month brings better weather!
Unfortunately things did not go to plan for Latin Knight on Saturday evening and a slipped saddle 3f into the race was an extremely unlucky incident! Daniel Muscutt did well to stay on board and the pair still finished a decent 4th. The main thing is the horse appears absolutely fine post race and is likely to return to Southwell on 28th March. Hopefully he will have better luck this time! SB
Friday 28th February
Looking forward to our two stable visits tomorrow! The first will be at Oliver Sherwood’s yard to see Walk In The Wild and Cilaos Glace in action on the gallops. An additional entry has been made for Cilaos Glace at Wincanton next Thursday, whilst Walk In the Wild is waiting for the better ground before entries in bumpers will be made for him.
Our second visit will be at Prestige Place seeing our string with Marco Botti. We have a large group attending to see our 2yo filly by Invincible Spirit and we are looking forward to hearing about her recent progress.
Waikiki Waves also has an additional entry at Wincanton next Thursday over 3m1f. SB
Thursday 27th February
Latin Knight has been declared for Southwell on Saturday evening and will reunite with Daniel Muscutt. The horse ran promisingly last time out at Kempton Park and hopefully the surface at Southwell will suit him (it certainly did his half sister Going Native this week!) and he can build on this run. Good luck to his connections!
Ruby Yeats has not been declared for Doncaster tomorrow due to the ground. There are a few interesting options for the mare in March so fingers crossed a new month brings the better weather!
Cilaos Glace and Waikiki Waves have both been entered at Fontwell Park next Wednesday 4th March. SB
Monday 24th February
A great stable visit on Saturday at David Menuisier’s yard to see our string! Dragons Voice & Poetic Lilly look exceptionally well as they prepare to race in March/April and our 2-year old colt looked unrecognisable! He is developing all the time and really showed off his lengthy stride up the gallops. See a recent video of him here.
We look to have a busy week coming up with Ruby Yeats entered at Doncaster on Friday, Latin Knight entered at Newcastle (Friday) and Southwell (Saturday), Cilaos Glace back over hurdles at Newbury on Saturday and Waikiki Waves at Huntingdon on Sunday.
We also have an upcoming stable visit at Marco Botti’s this Saturday to see our 2-year old with him! SB
Friday 21st February
Chepstow has unfortunately been abandoned tomorrow meaning Cilaos Glace’s alternative option looks to be Newbury on 29th February.
Ruby Yeats has not been declared for Fontwell Park on Sunday due to the ground and instead may head to Taunton next Thursday.
We are looking forward to our stable visit at David Menuisier’s yard tomorrow morning to see Dragons Voice, Poetic Lilly and our 2-year old Pivotal colt. Arrival is for 11am to see the colt – contact us now to book your place! SB
Thursday 20th February
Lady De Vega has been declared for Chelmsford on Saturday with PJ McDonald on board! The filly has been pleasing Marco at home – we are just keeping everything crossed that she wakes up on the right side of her stable and behaves herself in the stalls!
Latin Knight (who ran a promising 2nd last week) has been entered back at Kempton Park on 26th February over 1m4f. SB
Monday 17th February
We look to be in for a busy weekend with runners and stable visits galore! This Saturday 22nd February we have visits planned to Marco Botti’s yard to see our 2-year old by Invincible Spirit and to David Menuisier’s yard to see our 2-year old by Pivotal. We cannot wait to see their continued encouraging progress – contact us now to join us on the gallops!
In terms of runners we have Cilaos Glace entered up back over hurdles at Chepstow on Saturday, however it is a little tentative as to whether or not the meeting will be on due to the ground. Lady De Vega holds an entry at Chelmsford, whilst Ruby Yeats (who was a convincing winner last time out) could return to her winning track Fontwell Park on Sunday providing the ground improves a little. SB
Thursday 13th February
Latin Knight ran a blinder at Kempton Park last night to finish a clear second and a huge congratulations to his patient owners! He travelled strongly under a brilliant ride from Daniel Muscutt, tried hard in the closing stages before just getting caught for speed in the last half a furlong. We were over the moon with the run and he is sure to come on for it in terms of fitness. We are looking forward to his next start already! SB
Tuesday 11th February
Waikiki Waves did not disgrace himself when stepping up in grade at Kempton Park last Friday. It all appeared to happen to quick for him early on however and he was perhaps a little outclassed. He was dropped a pound for the run and is likely to be racing again within the next 2-3 weeks.
Mr Hunt’s mare Episode ran a much more encouraging race to land a place in the winners enclosure.
Ruby Yeats has been entered at Wincanton this weekend but it is subject to the ground, whilst Latin Knight will unite with Daniel Muscutt at Kempton Park tomorrow evening. SB
Friday 7th February
Good luck to the connections of Waikiki Waves as he steps up in grade and trip at Kempton Park this afternoon. Also good luck to Mr Hunt as his mare Episode (who we manage for him) races in the 2.55pm hurdle race.
Latin Knight has been entered for the 1m4f contest at Kempton Park for next Wednesday 12th February after a pleasing piece of exercise this week. His stable mate Lady De Vega is on course to head to Chelmsford on 22nd February. SB
Wednesday 5th February
We visited our 2-year old with David Menuisier yesterday morning and he is shaping up brilliantly. He cantered up the valley gallop for only the second time and displayed a very professional attitude, moving well. See some new photographs of him here! Our next stable visit will be on Saturday 22nd February – join us!
Quloob & Good Luck Charm have now returned to Cisswood Stables and commenced cantering on the gallops. Quloob looks incredibly well whilst Good Luck Charm may be 11 years old but he continues to prove age is just a number as he was feeling fresh and well on the gallops this morning! SB
Monday 3rd February
Waikiki Waves has been entered at Kempton Park for this Friday 7th February over 3m.
Latin Knight was not declared for Wolverhampton today and will instead aim for Kempton Park on 12th February.
Friday 31st January
Ruby Yeats has not been declared for Taunton on Sunday due to the ground. She is likely to race again in the next week or so providing the ground improves a little.
Waikiki Waves looks to be our next runner and will aim for Kempton Park on 7th February next. SB
Tuesday 28th January
Congratulations to connections of Ruby Yeats as this 9yo mare secured her first win in the HOTSR colours at Fontwell Park on Sunday. Josh Moore gave a fantastic ride, building the mare’s confidence at each hurdle as the pair went onto win comfortably. Relive the win here!
Ruby Yeats holds a tentative entry in a hurdle race at Taunton on Sunday but it will depend on how she comes out of her race and the ground.
Latin Knight has been entered at Wolverhampton for next Monday 3rd February. There is an alternative option for him at Kempton over 1m4f on 12th February and his work tomorrow will be the deciding factor as to which race Marco would like to target. SB