Heart of the South Racing is delighted to offer something new to Owners this season – a breeding syndicate with the wonderfully tough Ruby Yeats!
Ruby Yeats was leased to HOTSR in 2019 by her lovely owner/breeder Sue Somner and is in training with Gary Moore who certainly gets the best from the mare. Ruby is a genuine, gutsy sort who has won 3 of her 4 hurdle races under jockey Josh Moore and be been placed 9 times over hurdles and fences. The 20/21 season was arguably her best to date where she ran some promising races against some smart sorts in Class 3 company. In the right conditions (mud) more is expected this winter.
Her form, size and hardiness make her the ideal mare for a breeding syndicate and HOTSR is giving owners the chance to be involved in the entire process from start to finish. Starting with choosing a stallion…. finishing with watching their very own horse (that they’ve bred) at the races. What a thrill!
Spaces are limited to 20 & uptake has been high with just 6 places now remaining. Please call us now to register your interest on 0780 9087 136.
Here is an outline of how it works!
- RUBY YEATS will be loaned to the syndicate for the duration of one pregnancy and until the foal is weaned (about six months)
- RUBY YEATS will be covered by a stallion with a covering fee of a maximum of £10,000.
- There will be the fun of choosing from 4 stallions and the majority will decide.
- There will be a maximum of 20 owners who will share the experience and all expenses which include stud fees, foaling fees, vet fees, transport, farrier, HOTSR administration and livery costs both before and once the foal is weaned.
- The RUBY YEATS breeding syndicate will have its own bank account and each quarter a statement of accounts will be provided to owners which will detail all income (owner contributions) and outgoings. Any surplus of funds will be returned at the end of the Breeding Syndicate Agreement.
- Initially all persons joining this syndicate will pay £1000 into the Ruby Yeats Breeding Syndicate bank account to secure their involvement, cover the initial costs and the covering fee.
- Some additional payments may be required by each owner during the agreement
term to cover costs.
- All partners must agree to pay their share of all expenses otherwise they will forfeit their share.
- Once the horse commences for full training, the HOTSR breeding syndicate will evolve into a HOTSR racing syndicate.
- Once broken in as a yearling, NH horses are then turned away until ready for training. The owners will decide who trains the horse.
- Ruby will visit the stallion in April/May 2022. Gestation is approximately 11 months.
- RUBY YEATS will foal down at the National Stud (arriving 2-3 weeks before her due date.) She will remain there until the foal is 3-4 weeks old. Owners can enjoy regular visits to the National Stud to see mare and foal.
- At around 6 months old, the foal is weaned and the loan agreement of RUBY YEATS comes to an end. The foal remains the property of the owners, and will move yards for the next stage of it’s development.
The above points aim to answer as many questions as possible, but should you have any more queries or would like to register your interest, please do not hesitate to get in touch with John, Eloise or Sam. We hope you decide to enjoy this new element of ownership with us!